How to apply
Step 1: Read the description of the program.
Step 2: Create an on-line profile, or log in to your existing profile (duplicate profiles are not permitted, so please use your existing application from www.myexplore.ca, www.myodyssey.ca or www.destinationclic.ca).
Step 3: Create an application. Make sure to save it by clicking on the “Finish” button before printing it. It is important to mention areas of interest, passions, and/or hobbies on the application form. Since most positions are in elementary and secondary schools, the work involves activities such as games, songs, reading, movies, excursions to theatres and museums, etc. Any experience you have that is related to these activities will be considered an asset.
Step 4: Sign the Declaration on the last page.
Step 5: Attach three copies of your supporting documents to three copies of your application. Please do not staple your documents, and submit only those requested, in the following order:
- The completed and signed application form;
- Your résumé in English (including your current occupation);
- Proof of completion of the required level of study (your grades will not be assessed), which could be copies of any one of the following:
- your transcript (official or unofficial); or
- your diploma (only if dated); or
- your proof of enrolment (only if you do not have a transcript or diploma. Your coordinator can request that you follow up with a transcript or diploma, once you have these documents, in order to be considered for the position).
For studies done outside of Canada, you will also need to submit a formal assessment of your academic credentials.
- Proof of citizenship or permanent residency, which could be copies of any one of the following:
- your Canadian birth certificate; or
- your Canadian passport; or
- your Canadian citizenship certificate (both sides); or
- your permanent resident card (both sides).
Please note that we will not accept a driver’s licence, marriage certificate, health or insurance card, or Social Insurance (SIN) card as proof of citizenship or permanent residency.
Those studying in Canada on a student visa are not eligible.
Step 6: Send these documents to your provincial or territorial coordinator by February 28. The application must be postmarked on or before February 28, or else it may not be accepted.
Step 7: Your application may take a few weeks to process. You will be contacted by your coordinator as soon as possible to let you know whether you have been selected for an interview.
Important: Incomplete applications (i.e., those without three copies of the application form plus the three necessary supporting documents shown above) will delay the processing of your application. It is your responsibility to ensure that your application is complete.
Please note that all electronic communications will be directed to the e-mail address you have provided on your application form.
The Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC) thanks all candidates for their interest in Odyssey. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.