Who Can Embark on an Odyssey?

  • Solid English language skills, oral and written, are a must-have skill set. English proficiency must be as strong as if it were your first language.
  • You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. Those studying in Canada on student visas are not eligible.
  • Before the start of your work term, you must have completed (within the last 10 years) at least one year of postsecondary studies. If you are in Quebec*, you must have completed two years of college-level studies or one year of university.

* Quebec will accept candidates whose equivalencies have been recognized by the Ministère de l'Immmigration et des Communautés culturelles.


Top of Page

  • Share
  • a
  • A
  • Français

To receive information and updates regarding the Official-Languages Programs, please submit your e-mail address.


I am very grateful for this opportunity because it will open, and has already opened, many doors for me for my future teaching career.


Personal anecdotes by Inge Marie Pedersen for Odyssey 2009-10

More testimonials...


The Role of Language Assistants