How to apply
Step 1: Create an on-line profile, or log in to your existing profile (duplicate profiles are not permitted, so please use your existing application from www.myexplore.ca, www.myodyssey.ca or www.destinationclic.ca).
Step 2: Create an application. Make sure to save it by clicking on the “Finish” button before submitting it. It is important to mention areas of interest, passions, and/or hobbies on the application form. Since most positions are in elementary and secondary schools, the work involves activities such as games, songs, reading, movies, excursions to theatres and museums, etc. Any experience you have that is related to these activities will be considered an asset.
Step 3: Scan or take a detailed photo of all of your required supporting documents as a separate PDF or image file (.jpg, .tiff, and .png are accepted). Upload each file, using the corresponding button in the SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS section of your on-line profile.
- Your résumé in English (including your current occupation);
- Proof of completion of the required level of study (your grades will not be assessed), which could be any of the following:
- your transcript (official or unofficial); or
- your diploma (only if dated); or
- your proof of enrolment (only if you do not have a transcript or diploma. Your coordinator can request that you follow up with a transcript or diploma, once you have these documents, in order to be considered for the position).
For studies done outside of Canada, you will also need to submit a formal assessment of your academic credentials.
Those studying in Canada on a student visa are not eligible.
Step 4: Your application may take a few weeks to process. You will be contacted by your coordinator as soon as possible to let you know whether you have been selected for an interview.
Important: Incomplete applications (i.e., those that are missing supporting documents, will delay the processing of your application. It is your responsibility to ensure that your application is complete. For more information, call 1-877-866-4242.
Please note that all electronic communications will be directed to the e-mail address you have provided on your application form.
The Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC) thanks all candidates for their interest in Odyssey. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.